Wow I totally forgot about this blog. Don't know what happened to all the old posts...
I think I might breath some life back into this place and post a bit about my current journey.
My last weight loss journey was stopped in it's tracks by a pregnancy which wasn't meant to be as we lost that child at 12 weeks gestation. I don't remember how much time after the miscarriage before I started trying to lose again but any weight I had lost found it's way back if not more.
My goal of surprising my sisters at Christmas didn't really work, neither really noticed any difference and didn't say anything.
In May 2010 I gave birth to my daughter and by November I was ready to finally get serious about losing weight.
So here are the scary numbers....
My largest recorded weight 130kgs - I may have been heavier as I did not go anywhere near scales unless I had to.
My largest clothing size 26 which is a size 24 in US
In November 2010 I stepped on the scales and I was 108.6kgs and was wearing a mix of size 22 and 24
Over the following months my weight started going down and staying down. I had meal replacement shakes twice a day and my main meal for lunch. I didn't buy any special weight lose system - just went to the supermarket and found something cheap which tasted nice.
I also started running. I did this by following the couch to 5km program which I've finally finished and completed my first 5km run last weekend at the Hamilton half marathon completing the run in 40:12 which would not break any kind of record but I'm happy.
Next weekend I have the Waikato half marathon and I've signed up for the 10km run. I don't plan on running the whole 10km as I haven't trained for that, but I do plan to run as much of it as i can.
Today I weight 78.9kgs and I wear size 12 on the bottom and size 14 up top.
I have another target... My little sister is getting married on the 26th of November and I would like to get to my goal weight of 70kgs by then.
No comments:
Post a Comment